Terms & Conditions – Last updated 05/11/15
This Website is operated by Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited (Registered Company Number 03880026) whose registered address is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alzheimer’s Research UK (Registered Charity Number 1077089 in England and Wales and SC042474 in Scotland), which trades only to raise funds for Alzheimer’s Research UK.
Your order will be fulfilled by Orbital Marketing Services Group, Unit 4, Shipton Way, Express Park, Northampton Road, Rushden, Northants, NN10 6GKL on behalf of Alzheimer’s Research UK. Your personal details will be held by Orbital Marketing Services Group for the purposes of fulfilling your order.
Please read the following policies carefully before using the Website.
The Sales Terms and Conditions set out below (together with our Privacy, Cookies and Your Data Policy) apply to the use of this Website and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by these Sales Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree to be bound by these Sales Terms and Conditions you must not use or access this Website or buy Products from us.
In these Sales Terms and Conditions, the following definitions apply:
- “Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited” (also referred to as ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’) means Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited (Registered Company Number 03880026) whose registered address is at 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Cambridge, CB21 6AD. Our registered VAT number is GB125478113.
- “Alzheimer’s Research UK” means Alzheimer’s Research UK (Registered charity numbers 1077089 in England Wales and SC042474 in Scotland).
- “Products” means any goods made available for sale on this Website.
- “Sales Terms and Conditions” means these terms and conditions of use and purchase.
- “Website” means Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited online shop at shop.alzheimersresearchuk.org
- These are the Sales Terms and Conditions of Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited governing your use of this Website and the purchase of any Products from this Website.
- These Sales Terms and Conditions apply to any order you place through this Website. These Sales Terms and Conditions apply regardless of how you access the Website, including via any technologies or devices by which Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited makes the Website available to you. You must read these Sales Terms and Conditions carefully. By placing an order through the Website, you confirm that you have read, understood and agree to these Sales Terms and Conditions in their entirety. If you do not agree to these Sales Terms and Conditions in their entirety, you must not order any Product through the Website.
- Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited and this Website do not sell Products for purchase by anyone under the age of 18. We offer children’s products for purchase by adults. If you are under 18, you may use our Website only with the consent and involvement of a parent or guardian.
- Where you purchase products from one of our partner sites, you will bound by the Terms and Conditions and associated policies of that site.
- Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited may suspend the operation of this Website for repair or maintenance work or in order to update or upgrade the contents or functionality of this Website from time to time. Access to or use of this Website or pages linked to it may be interrupted or contain errors.
3. Personal Information
- to process your order;
- troubleshooting. We may analyse your information and feedback to improve the services we provide. We use traffic analysis tools to evaluate website traffic in order to help us continually improve the design, content and layout of pages. If you enter your contact details in one of our online registration forms, we may use this information to contact you even if you don’t “send” or “submit” the form. We will only do this to see if we can help with any problems you might be experiencing with the form or with our websites;
- if you agree, to advise you of Products and special offers that may be of interest to you; and
- if you agree, to tell you about the charity’s work, fundraising activities and ways to get involved.
- Save as set out herein, we do not sell, rent or share your information with external organisations. As a wholly owned subsidiary Alzheimer’s Research UK, Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited may share your personal information with the charity in order to further its charitable aims and facilitate an improved supporter experience, as described in our Privacy, Cookies and Your Data Policy.
- In order to fulfil the services and Products available on this Website, we do engage trusted partners and service providers to work on our behalf. Any partners or service providers working on behalf of Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited only have access to the information they need.
4. Terms of Sale
- Please note that Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited reserves the right to amend these Sales Terms and Conditions from time to time (see clause 7). Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited will publish any amendments to these Sales Terms and Conditions on this Website and any amendments shall apply from the date on which they are published. These Sales Terms and Conditions must be checked prior to placing any orders on this Website.
5. Prices of Products on this Website
- Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited reserves the right to change the prices of the Products displayed on the Website at any time. The prices for all the Products available on the Website are clearly marked in their description and are inclusive of VAT (if applicable). All applicable delivery charges are also displayed on the Website. Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited may make available offers and discounts solely at our discretion and in accordance with clause 13 below. Errors and omissions are excepted.
6. Forming the Contract between You and Us
- The information relating to Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited’s Products and the applicable prices are displayed on this Website for your information and to enable you to decide whether you would like to make us an offer to purchase any Products.
- We have taken reasonable precautions to try to ensure that prices quoted on this Website are correct and that all Products have been fairly described. However, when ordering Products through this Website, please note that:
- orders will only be accepted if there are no material errors in the description of the goods or their prices as advertised on this Website;
- all prices are displayed in Pounds Sterling inclusive of UK VAT where applicable unless expressly indicated otherwise;
- packaging may vary from that shown on this Website;
- the weights, dimensions and capacities shown on this Website are approximate only;
- whilst we try to display the colours of our Products accurately on this Website, the actual colours you see will depend on your monitor and we cannot guarantee that your monitor’s display of any colour will accurately reflect the colour of the Product on delivery; and
- all Products are subject to availability. We will inform you as soon as possible if the Product(s) you have ordered are not available and we may offer alternative Product(s) of equal or higher quality and value.
- When you place an order, we will send you an email confirming receipt of your order which will also contain the details of your order. This email is an acknowledgement that we have received your order, and does not confirm acceptance of your offer to purchase Product. We only accept your offer when we dispatch the Product to you and send email confirmation to you that we’ve dispatched the Product.
- This Website will guide you through the steps you need to take to place an order with us. Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
- Prior to the dispatch of any Products to you, Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited reserves the right to decline an order for any reason, including but not limited to legal and regulatory reasons,
- If we are unable to supply you with a Product, for example because that Product is not in stock or no longer available or because we cannot meet your requested delivery date or because of an error in the price on our Website, Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited will inform you of this via phone or email address using the details provided by you when placing your order and set out the options that may be available to you. If you have already paid for the Product(s) and you choose not to pursue an order with us, we will refund you the full amount including any delivery costs charged as soon as possible.
- If the fulfilment of an order (or any aspect of it) would be illegal or unlawful, including by reason of breach of export controls or sanctions rules, Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited has the right to stop or cease to fulfil the order at any time, including after despatch of Products and/or notification to you that the order has been received and is being processed. You acknowledge that Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited shall incur no liability in such circumstances.
7. Our Right to Vary these Terms
- We amend these Sales Terms and Conditions from time to time. Please look at the top of this page to see when these Sales Terms and Conditions were last updated.
- Every time you order Products from us, the Sales Terms and Conditions in force at the time of your order will apply to the contract between you and us.
- We may need to revise these Sales Terms and Conditions as they apply to your order from time to time, for instance to reflect changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements.
- If we have to revise these Sales Terms and Conditions as they apply to your order, we will contact you to give you reasonable advance notice of the changes and let you know how to cancel your contract if you are not happy with the changes. You may cancel either in respect of all the affected Products or just the Products you have yet to receive. If you opt to cancel all of your order, you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a full refund of the price you have paid, including any delivery charges. If you opt to cancel part of your order you will have to return (at our cost) any relevant Products you have already received and we will arrange a refund of the price you have paid for those Products you have returned. Please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted.
- Where we refund any delivery costs you have paid in accordance with clause 7.(d) above, as permitted by law, the maximum refund will be the costs of delivery by the least expensive delivery method we offer.
8. Method of Payment
- For orders placed via the Website, payments are made via PayPal. A list of accepted payment cards can be found here.
- When making your payment, it is imperative that you provide the information that Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited specify is required. Your card will be debited immediately upon placing your order. Ownership or title to the Product shall not pass to you, the buyer, until Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited has received payment in full.
- During the checkout process, you will be asked to enter your payment details. By completing your payment details you confirm that the credit or debit card being used is yours. All fields indicated as compulsory must be completed.
- If your payment is not received and you have already received the Products you ordered from us, you must pay for or return those Products to us in accordance with our reasonable return instructions and in the same condition that you received them at your own expense. If you do not do this within 30 days of the date on which we cancel your order, we may collect or arrange for collection of the Products at your expense. We reserve the right to charge you for any and all damage to (or other adverse interference with) any Products that are the subject of an unpaid order.
- We deliver to any UK mainland address and Northern Ireland and the Channel Islands (excluding all other offshore territories). If your order value (excluding donations) is over £50 then we are pleased to offer you FREE postage. The basket value is calculated inclusive of any other promotions. We offer two delivery options:
- Standard UK delivery: Our standard UK delivery is charged at £3.95. These charges cover packing, handling and delivery. Orders are usually processed within 2 working days and we aim to deliver Products within 5-10 working days.
- Express delivery: Express delivery is charged at £7.99. These charges cover packing, handling and delivery. Express delivery is available when an order is placed before 12pm Monday to Thursday for delivery the next working day. For any orders placed after 12pm on a Thursday, the order shall be dispatched the next Monday to arrive on the Tuesday. Express deliveries will require a signature on receipt; please ensure someone will be in to sign.
- Where the supply of your Product(s) is delayed or prevented for reasons beyond our control (for example, material shortages, import delays or higher than anticipated demand) we will make every effort to keep you informed but shall be under no liability to you for such delay or failure.
- Delivery will be to the UK address specified in your order.
- All risk in the Products you order (including risk of loss and/or damage to the Products) shall pass to you when they are delivered to the delivery address specified in your order.
- In the UK, delivery charge refunds can only be made in accordance with your legal rights under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 and other applicable legislation. For further information about your legal rights see Rights of Cancellation, Return and Refund section below and contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizens Advice Bureau if you are in the UK).
- If time is of the essence for delivery within 30 days, or you have indicated another date by which you must receive the Product, please notify us via the contact details set out in clause 15.
- If we fail to deliver your Products within 30 days of the day on which we accept your order then you may cancel your order immediately if either:
- we have refused to deliver the Products;
- delivery within the delivery deadline was essential (taking into account all the relevant circumstances); or
- you told us before we accepted your order that delivery within the delivery deadline was essential.
- If you do not wish to cancel your order straight away, or do not have the right to do so, you can give us a new deadline for delivery, which must be reasonable, and you can cancel if your order if we do not meet the new deadline.
- If you do choose to cancel your order for late delivery under clause 9(g) or clause 9(h) you can do so for just some of the Products or all of them, unless splitting them up would significantly reduce their value. If the Products have been delivered to you, you will have to return them to us or allow us to collect them, and we will pay the costs of this. After you cancel your order we will refund any sums you have paid to us for the cancelled Products and their delivery.
10. Right of Cancellation, Return and Refund
- You may cancel your order for Products at any time before we dispatch the Products by contacting us via the email address set out in clause 15. We will confirm your cancellation in writing to you.
- For any Products you purchase, you have the legal right to cancel your contract with us without giving any reason from any time after you receive your confirmation dispatch email to up to 14 days after receiving your Product(s) from us. If you have ordered more than one Product and your order has been split into more than one delivery you have 14 days from the date upon which the last of the Products from that order is delivered. Please note we must receive notification from you within the 14 day deadline for you to exercise your legal right to cancel. Please use the email address at clause 15 to give us notification, with your order number in the heading. If you are posting or emailing notice of your cancellation to us then your cancellation is effective from the date you send us the e-mail or post the letter to us.
- The cancellation right set out in clause 10.(b) does not apply to:
- personalised Products;
- Products which are not suitable for return due to health protection or hygienic reasons if unsealed by you after delivery, or which are, after delivery, inseparably mixed with other items;
- the delivery of sealed audio or video recordings or of sealed software if unsealed by you after delivery; or
- Products which are likely to deteriorate or expire rapidly (such as items of food or flowers).
- When returning Products to us, please send them to: Alzheimer’s Research UK, C/O Orbital Response, Express Park, Shipton Way, Northampton Road, Rushden, Northamptonshire, NN10 6GL. When returning Products, please retain proof of postage. Without this we cannot be responsible for any Products that fail to reach us. If the Product is damaged in any way or incorrect, then please use the address and contact details provided in clause 12.
- When you send a Product back to us in compliance with these Sales Terms and Conditions we’ll process the returned Product then notify you via e-mail of your refund. You can expect a refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase and we aim to process all refunds within 14 days of receiving the returned Product.
- If you choose to return any Products to us, you will have to bear the direct cost of returning the Product and we will not be responsible for any loss or damage to them in transit. If returned Products are lost or damaged in transit, we reserve the right to charge you (or not to refund any amounts attributable to) such loss or damage.
- You must take reasonable care of the Products while in your possession and they must be returned to us along with your customer advice note and returns form before we can issue a refund. All refunds will be made in accordance with clause 10(a).
- If you choose to cancel your contract we will refund you the price you paid for the Products and any delivery charge you may have paid (except for the supplementary costs arising if you chose a type of delivery other than the least expensive type of standard delivery offered by us). However, please note we are permitted by law to reduce your refund to reflect any reduction in the value of the goods, if this has been caused by your handling them in a way which would not be permitted in a shop (for example if they have been used or worn). If we refund you the price paid before we are able to inspect the goods and later discover you have handled them in an unacceptable way, you may be required to pay us an appropriate amount.
- We will make any refunds due to you as soon as possible and in any event within:
- 14 days after the day on which we receive the Product back from you; or
- if you have not received the Product, 14 days after you inform us of your decision to cancel the Contract.
- We will refund you by the same method that you used to pay for the Products.
- For further information about your statutory rights, contact your local authority Trading Standards department or consumer advice centre (for example the Citizens Advice Bureau if you are in the UK).
11. Our Goodwill Returns Policy
- We hope you will be completely satisfied with your purchases. Please contact us using the contact details set out in clause 15 if you are not entirely satisfied with our Products or our service, so that we can rectify the situation.
- Our ‘goodwill’ returns policy (where there is no legal right to a refund) is offered entirely at our own discretion on all Products, provided that they are returned in a resalable condition with a returns form within 30 days of delivery of the Products. If you are not completely satisfied with any Product you have ordered, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days of the date of receipt and we will advise on returns. We are only able to replace identical Products, so if you wish to order additional Products it will be treated as a new order. Please note that all orders for Christmas cards, calendars and diaries placed after 26th December 2015 cannot be exchanged for an alternative Product.
- This Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited discretionary ‘goodwill’ returns policy is in addition to your statutory right.
- We are under a legal duty to supply Products that are in conformity with this contract. As a consumer, you have legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. These legal rights are not affected by this goodwill returns policy (see clause 12) or anything else in these Sales Terms and Conditions and, in particular, we will perform our obligations under these Sales Terms and Conditions with reasonable care and skill. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
12. Defective Products, Manufacturer’s Guarantees and our Warranty for the Products
- If you wish to return a Product because it is not as described on the Website, fit for purpose or of satisfactory quality, you are entitled to a refund if you notify us within 30 days of receipt of the Product using the contact details set out in clause 15, or you may request a replacement Product instead. You must then return the Product in question to us. You will be entitled to a refund if we cannot repair or replace your Product.
- When returning Products to us, please send them to: Freepost RTSY-ZYTA-BJSG, Alzheimer’s Research Trading Ltd, Unit 3-4, 3 Riverside, Granta Park, Great Abington, Cambridge, CB21 6AD.
- We will refund the delivery charges and reimburse your reasonable costs in returning any damaged or defective Products and any Products that have been sent to you in error. You should include the details of any damage, defect or error on the returns form.
- Some of the Products we sell to you come with a manufacturer’s guarantee. For details of the applicable terms and conditions, please refer to the manufacturer’s guarantee provided with the Products.
- As you are a consumer, a manufacturer’s guarantee is in addition to, and does not affect, your legal rights in relation to Products that are faulty or not as described. Advice about your legal rights is available from your local Citizens Advice Bureau or Trading Standards Office.
13. Special Offers, Promotional Codes and Free Gifts with Purchase
- From time to time, special offers may be advertised on the Website. Special offer prices quoted apply to orders completed online and may be withdrawn at any time.
- Promotional codes may be issued for free delivery or for discounts on orders or specific Products. You may only use one voucher per order. Some vouchers may only be used once per customer. Please contact email@example.com if you have any questions about redeeming a voucher code.
- Occasionally, free Products may be offered with a Product or order. These free products are included as part of your order and if any part of the order is returned for a refund we reserve the right to deduct the value of the free gift from your refund if they are not returned too.
- Any promotions listed on our partner websites will be governed by the Terms and Conditions and policies associated with that site.
14. Limitation of Liability and Legal Compliance
- If we fail to comply with these Sales Terms and Conditions, we are responsible for loss or damage you suffer that is a foreseeable result of our breach of these Sales Terms and Conditions or our negligence, but we are not responsible for any loss or damage that is not foreseeable. Loss or damage is foreseeable if it is an obvious consequence of our breach or if it was contemplated by you and us at the time we entered into this contract.
- We only supply Products for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Product for any commercial, business or resale purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity, loss of goodwill, loss of anticipated saving, loss or corruption of data, information or software or any indirect or consequential loss.
- You agree that you will not use, sell or supply any Product(s) purchased from Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited in an unlawful manner and, in particular, will comply with all export controls and sanctions rules.
- We do not in any way exclude or limit our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- any breach of your statutory rights under sections 9-11, 13 and 14 of the Consumer Rights Act 2015 (i.e. items must be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose and match any description, samples and/or model provided); or
- defective products under the Consumer Protection Act 1987.
- Any Products we supply to you will be of satisfactory quality. If we deliver a Product to you that is not of satisfactory quality, you can contact us for a repair or replacement or, where this is not possible, for a refund.
- We are only responsible for losses that are a natural, foreseeable consequence of our breach of these Sales Terms and Conditions. We will not be liable to you if we are prevented or delayed from complying with our obligations under these Sales Terms and Conditions by anything you (or anyone acting on your behalf) does or fails to do or due to events which are beyond our reasonable control.
- You must follow any advice we give you to keep Products we supply to you safe (including any instructions or Product manuals provided with the Products). We cannot accept liability for damage to Products we have supplied which is caused by your failure to follow this advice.
15. Contacting Us
- If you have any general enquiries, comments or complaints about the Website then please address them to:
Alzheimer’s Research UK
Telephone: 01223 824537
16. Assignment of this Contract
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms. We will always notify you by posting on this webpage if this happens.
- You may not assign or sub-contract any of your rights or obligations under these Sales Terms and Conditions to any third party unless we agree in writing.
17. Third Party Rights
- Any contract entered into under these Sales Terms and Conditions is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or otherwise.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Sales Terms and Conditions operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them (or any part) are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs (and part-paragraphs) will remain in full force and effect.
19. Entire Agreement, Waiver and Interpretation
- These Sales Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited and you and takes the place of all prior agreements, representations, statements and understandings between Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited and you regarding the use of the Website and the purchase of Products.
- The failure of Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Sales Terms and Conditions or the delay by Alzheimer’s Research Trading Limited in so doing shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- The section titles in these Sales Terms and Conditions are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect.
20. Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Sales Terms and Conditions shall be governed and interpreted in accordance with English law, and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts in respect of any dispute in relation to and arising from these Sales Terms and Conditions (including non-contractual disputes or claims).